The ecoegg Laundry Egg is a unique and innovative laundry washing system that cleans clothes effectively, using two types of natural mineral pellets encased in a recyclable egg.
Containing no harmful chemicals and kind to your skin, the ecoegg Laundry Egg completely replaces laundry detergent and fabric conditioner, giving you a kinder laundry solution.
The mineral pellets work together in the water to effectively draw dirt from your clothing fibres and soften your clothes by changing the pH, leaving your laundry clean and fresh without using harmful chemical laden detergents. The mineral pellets in the ecoegg Laundry Egg are perfect for people with sensitive skin, are non-biological and do not contain any petrochemicals, enzymes, bleaches, phosphates, parabens, SLS/SLES, palm oil or microplastics. You’ll need to replace your mineral pellets after approximately 2 months of use (this time frame will depend on whether you have the initial 70 wash egg or 50 wash refills, how often you put a wash on and the machine wash cycle you choose.)
The ecoegg Laundry Egg is also suitable for handwashing. Simply place the egg to soak in water for 5-10 minutes then handwash as normal. The Laundry Egg must not be used above 60 degrees Celsius.
Awarded the rating of ‘excellent’ by Dermatest.
Has held Allergy UK’s ‘Allergy Friendly Product’ award since 2011.
How To Use
Opening the Laundry Egg
1. Hold the Laundry Egg with the larger half pointing downwards and the button facing towards you.
2. Hold the button down with your thumb or forefinger.
3. Whilst holding down the button, move the smaller half to the right so that the triangles line up.
4. When the triangles line up, the egg will come apart. Now empty three bags of white pellets and one bag of black pellets into the larger end of the egg case.
Closing the Laundry Egg
1. Hold the larger half of the Laundry Egg with the point facing downwards (the pellets should be in this half).
2. Line up each half so that the triangles point to each other.
3. Twist the top half to the left in the direction of the arrow until you hear a ‘click’ sound.
4. Place the Laundry Egg on top of your laundry in your washing machine.