Whether you’re new to your sustainability journey, or have been doing it, here are a few ideas on some simple SHIFTS you can make in your daily lifestyle that will help you reduce your plastic waste. They’re super simple, we promise!
Rethink the way you grocery shop.
- Bring reusable shopping bags and reusable produce bags. (Just keep some in the trunk of your car if you forget!)
- Buy from bulk sections and bring your own reusable containers to reduce packaging waste.
- Replace plastic wrap with beeswax wrap.
- Replace all your kitchen plastic containers (once worn out) by glass or steel.
- Compost your food waste to reduce the need for trash bags.
- Buy loose staples. This alone can reduce your monthly plastic waste by a lot! You can opt for our (FILL UP- add link here) products, that are such great quality and we deliver right to your doorstep!
Change the way you eat on the go.
- Ditch bottled water. Instead, invest in a reusable water bottle made with stainless steel.
- Get your own reusable mug to use at coffee shops.
- When you order takeout, request no plastic silverware and no straw.
- Pack snacks in a glass containers or silicon bags for travel days rather than buying snacks wrapped in plastic.
- Easy isn’t it! Let’s reduce being trashy!